Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rita

well, it looks like a co-worker and I were predicting correctly. In my last post I mentioned that Rita was heading in the direction of Galveston/Houston - I didn't believe that that was where it would hit but that's what the 'experts' were saying. My friend and I predicted that it would hit along the Tx-La state line and guess what? that's the area its heading now. It will be a terrible thing to hit anywhere but at least perhaps it won't be so bad for such a huge city like Houston since they are likely to know be on the 'clean' side of the hurricane. However, poor New Orleans is on the 'dirty' side of the hurricane and depending on where it actually makes landfall, could have massive amounts of wind and rain or just a lot of rain (hopefully not more then 6 inches or the levees might flood the entire city, including areas not flooded before).
As if the storm weren't bad enough, the roads leaving Houston are backed up so far.... Here's what 1 person said about this "This is the worst planning I've ever seen," said Judie Anderson, who covered just 45 miles in 12 hours after setting out from her home in the Houston suburb of LaPorte. "They say we've learned a lot from Hurricane Katrina. Well, you couldn't prove it by me." I can't imagine going just 45 miles in 12 hours - WoW!!! That's slow movement!

Red Cross needs your help!!!

No comments: