Thursday, September 01, 2005

football

Well, here it is 2 days before the start of the MSU BullDawgs football season and I should be excited, right?? I can't help but think about all the college football players whose families have been thru vicious Katrina this past week and how we expect them to get out on the field and give 110% for our enjoyment. If it were up to me, I'd postpone football season by at least 2 weeks to give these students a chance to make sure their families are safe and settled somewhat until such time that they can go home again and begin rebuilding. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge football fan, especially of my hometown Ms State Bulldogs and I'll be out there cheering them on but I think this would have been the right thing to do. Sadly, its not up to me! :)

Please contact your local Red Cross office and donate money to help out the Hurricane Victims!

No comments: